Nearby Points of Interest
- Volcano Arenal
- hot springs and zip lining, white water rafting (class 1-4 rapids) and all the hiking you want to do.
- La Paz Waterfall Gardens.
- Several museums of interest in San Jose.
- Manuel Antonio National Park/beach and Quepos beach.
- Coffee plantations: Doka Estates.
- Chocolate Rainforest Tour.
- Volunteer rescue park for 900+ dogs.
- Of course, for the shoppers, a couple of really nice large malls nearby.
All major rental car services are available. Read the fine print on renting. Purchasing the insurance is required by all rental car companies. There is a deposit of $200-$2,000 USD depending on the rental car (economy vs. premium). Driving by land is feasible from Central American and Panamá but driving time is long. Ticabus is an acceptable alternative.
Airport and Hotel Recommendations
Air Travel: Juan Santmaria International Airport
- Hotel Aloft: Tel 2205 3535 Contacto: Carlos Matarrita
- Hotel El Rodeo: Tel: 2293 3909
- Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum: Tel: 2205 21 00 Contacto: Elizabeth Jiménez
- Quality Hotel Real San José: Tel: 2204 67 00
- Hotel Marriot: Tel: 2298 00 00
- Hotel Wydnham Herradura: Tel: 2209 98 00
- Hotel Cariari: Tel: 2239 00 22