Our vision is that all GVJH Mariners will be engaged learners and culturally aware, productive citizens in the 21st century global community.
Our mission is to ensure safety, accountability, inclusion and equity in learning. In partnership with parents, community and staff, Goleta Valley Junior High School students will achieve academic excellence in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Respect themselves and others;
- Take responsibility for their individual development as lifelong learners;
- Use thinking strategies to master content across all disciplines;
- Value creativity, imagination and reason;
- Prepare to be college and career ready;
- Participate in our diverse community as informed and conscientious citizens.
Santa Barbara, CA
Located 90 miles northwest of Los Angeles, Santa Barbara is known as “The American Riviera.” The downtown area maintains its Spanish colonial architecture, world class shopping, dining and wineries. Santa Barbara has a mediterranean climate with beautiful native gardens and miles of stunning beaches. Goleta’s rural lemon history is still reflected in local citrus groves nestled between the coastal range and the beach.
Nearby Points of Interest
- The Santa Barbara Mission - A restored California Mission featuring guided tours, gift shops and an extensive rose garden.
- The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden - A beautiful garden featuring a variety of zones and microclimates specializing in native species.
- The Santa Barbara Natural History Museum - A museum that is set within an oak forest along a creek bed that has exhibits ranging from astronomy to local Chumash tribes.
- The Santa Barbara Historical Museum - A museum with rare artifacts from Santa Barbara’s history. It’s located across the street from the Santa Barbara Presidio.
- “The Funk Zone” - Just two blocks from the beach and known for its local arts, restaurants, and wine-tasting.
- Stearns Wharf - A pier on the harbor with nice restaurants and tourist attractions.
- State Street - Santa Barbara’s main street with world-class shopping and dining.
- Beaches - There are miles of coastline open to the public.
- Hiking trails - Found in the coastal range and along the beach bluffs.
Air Travel & Transportation
- Courtyard Santa Barbara/Goleta - 401 Storke Road, Goleta
- The Goodland, A Kimpton Hotel - 5650 Calle Real, Goleta
- Best Western Plus, South Coast Inn - 5620 Calle Real, Goleta
- Pacifica Suites - 5490 Hollister Ave, Goleta
- Bacara Resort and Spa - 8301 Hollister Ave, Goleta
Note: All registrations are final and non-refundable but transferable.
Tickets transferred within 7 days of an event are subject to a transfer fee of up to $75.
Please contact [email protected] for more information. There are no refunds for no shows.